Surmodics is the global leader in surface modification technologies for intravascular medical devices and a leading provider of chemical components for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) immunoassay tests and microarrays. Surmodics is pursuing highly differentiated whole-product solutions that are designed to address unmet clinical needs for its medical device customers and engineered to the most demanding requirements. This key growth strategy leverages the combination of the Company’s expertise in proprietary surface technologies, along with enhanced device design, development and manufacturing capabilities. The Company mission remains to improve the detection and treatment of disease.
- Surmodics has strong operating margins and a strong balance sheet with no debt.
- A Surmodics coating is used every minute of every day, around the globe, during a minimally invasive procedure.
- Surmodics’ surface modification technology is applied to more than 150 commercial medical device product families sold worldwide.
- Over half of the top 10 global in vitro diagnostic companies are Surmodics customers.
- Every second of every day diagnostic tests are performed using Surmodics’ in vitro diagnostic products.
- With the Surmodics SurVeil™Drug Coated Balloon, Surmodics intends to raise the standard of clinical performance of drug coated balloons in the vascular system.
- Surmodics’ Corporate Development strategy is focused on the development of proprietary products and on opportunities that enhance our capabilities, expand access to new markets and add new technology.